IDA Deputies and Borrower Representatives met on November 15, 2018, in Livingstone, Zambia for the launching of the IDA19 Replenishment. The IDA19 Replenishment cycle provides an opportunity to deepen the discussion on issues facing IDA countries and seeks partners’ guidance on policy and financing approaches to address them.
Participants agreed to retain the special themes of IDA18, while underscoring the importance of adapting and leveraging the opportunities opened by disruptive technologies and building on the momentum created by the Human Capital project, stressing the cross-cutting aspect of these issues. The IDA19 Replenishment cycle will culminate with a financing package for fiscal years 2021-2023.
About the Replenishment process
Every three years, donors meet to replenish IDA resources and review its policy framework. The replenishment process typically consists of four formal meetings held over the course of one year. In addition to officials from donor governments (known as “IDA Deputies”), representatives of borrowing member countries are invited to participate to help ensure that IDA’s policy and financing frameworks are responsive to country needs.
Schedule of meetings for the IDA19 Replenishment process:
Replenishment meeting: December 2019 (Location TBD)
Third Meeting. The third IDA19 replenishment meeting took place in Washington D.C. from October 21 to 22, 2019. The following paper was discussed.
- Additional Information Following up on the Addis Ababa Discussions on Regional, Crisis Response and Private Sector Windows
Second Meeting. The second IDA19 replenishment meeting took place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from June 17 to 20, 2019. See Co-Chairs' Summary. The following papers were discussed.
- IDA19 : An Overview - Ten Years to 2030 : Growth, People, Resilience
- The Demand for IDA19 Resources and the Strategy for their Effective Use
- Background note: The Demand for IDA19 Resources and the Strategy for their Effective Use
- The IDA19 Results Measurement System
- Special Theme - Climate Change
- Special Theme - Fragility, Conflict and Violence
- Special Theme - Gender and Development
- Special Theme - Governance and Institutions
- Special Theme - Jobs and Economic Transformation
- Proposal for IDA19 IFC-MIGA Private Sector Window
- Review of the IDA Crisis Toolkit : Background Note
First Meeting. The first IDA19 replenishment meeting took place in Washington D.C. from April 14 to 15, 2019. The following paper was discussed.
Launch of IDA19 replenishment: The IDA19 was launched in Livingstone, Zambia on November 15, 2018. See Co-Chairs' Summary.