Every three years, donors meet to replenish IDA resources and review its policy framework.
The replenishment process typically consists of four formal meetings held over the course of one year. In addition to officials from donor governments (known as “IDA Deputies”), representatives of borrowing member countries are invited to participate to help ensure that IDA’s policy and financing frameworks are responsive to country needs. Four IDA18 replenishment meetings were held in 2016:
- March 14-15, 2016, in Paris, France
- June 21-24, 2016, in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
- October 10-11, 2016, in Washington, D.C.
- December 14-15, 2016 – Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Below you will find papers being discussed during the meetings.
Final Meeting. The Final IDA18 Replenishment Meeting took place in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, from December 14 to 15, 2016.
IDA18 Replenishment Final Report: Towards 2030: Investing in Growth, Resilience and Opportunity
Third Meeting. The Third IDA18 Replenishment Meeting took place in Washington, DC, from October 10 to 11, 2016. See Co-Chairs' Summary.The following paper was discussed:
- Details on the Proposed IFC-MIGA Private Sector Window in IDA18 - September, 2016
Second Meeting. The Second IDA18 Replenishment Meeting took place in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar, from June 21 to 24, 2016. See Co-Chairs' Summary. The following papers were discussed:
- The Way Forward for IDA18: The IDA18 Results Measurement System - May 2016
- The Demand for IDA18 Resources and the Strategy for their Effective Use - May 2016
- IDA18 Overarching Theme - Towards 2030 : Investing in Growth, Resilience and Opportunity - May 2016
- Climate Change - May 2016
- Fragility, Conflict and Violence - May 2016
- Gender and Development - May 2016
- Governance and Institutions - May 2016
- Jobs and Economic Transformation - May 2016
- WBG Collaboration: Proposal for an IFC -MIGA Private Sector Window in IDA18 - June 2016
First Meeting. The First IDA18 Replenishment Meeting took place in Paris, France, from March 14 to 15, 2016. See Co-Chairs' Summary. The following papers were discussed:
- Setting the Agenda for IDA18: Strategic Directions - March 2016
- Review of IDA’s Graduation Policy - March 2016
- Effective Foreign Exchange Rates for Use In the IDA18 Replenishment - March 2016